Welcome to Ditcheat Parish Council
This website keeps you up-to-date about local groups, local items of interest and all Parish Council information.
News and Events
You will find more information about news and events here.
DITCHEAT PARISH COUNCIL
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO OBSERVE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS REMOTELY.
The Parish Council welcomes observers of the virtually held council meetings. In order to do this please follow the instructions detailed below:
- Download the ZOOM software on to your PC/tablet or smart phone.
- Send an email to the Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org using the email with which you have registered with ZOOM.
- You must include your full name, full address of where you live and a telephone number.
- You will then receive an invitation to join the meeting.
- Click on the invitation and you will then be placed in a virtual ‘waiting room’ and when the meeting starts you will be admitted to the meeting.
- Please ensure that you keep the mute button on at all times as you will not be able to speak at the meeting unless you have made prior arrangements with the Clerk.
- If the Council needs to discuss matters of a confidential nature you will be asked to leave the meeting and the connection terminated.
Clerk to Ditcheat Parish Council
In light of the Coronavirus situation Ditcheat Parish Council is coordinating a list of people who would be happy to help those who need support, either because they are ill/self-isolating or because their family/friends/help are themselves unable to give assistance.
Anyone wishing to be contacted to either offer or receive help should email the email@example.com confirming that they are giving authority for their contact details to be held and used for the purposes of:
- sending out information, including that that they have, or suspect they have, contracted coronavirus
- receiving requests for assistance
- receiving offers of help
The information will be held by Ditcheat Parish Council for a period of no more than 1 year and deleted sooner once the situation has resolved. In extraordinary circumstances if parishioners do not have access to email then please call the Clerk on 01749 860443 in which case please leave your name, contact details (telephone number) and reason for your call. Please do not include any other personal health details in either emails or telephone messages. The Parish Council is not able to offer any health related advice or support.
We evaluate local planning applications and work with the local police, district council officers, and neighbourhood watch groups.
We set an annual local rate to cover the Council’s operating costs.
Our role includes initiating projects for maintaining and repairing parish facilities.
We consult with the District Council on maintaining, repairing, and improving highways, drainage, footpaths, public transport, and street cleaning.
We are also responsible for conservation, including trees and listed buildings, and environmental issues.
Parish Noticeboard and Useful Links
Meetings and events dates
Advice on care and support services
Mendip District Council
Parish Council Meetings
Information on our meetings
Fosse Trinity News
Local Parish Magazine
Somerset County Council
Information on waste collection
Ditcheat Parish Church
The Church of St Mary Magdalene
Information on library services
You can contact the Parish Clerk: Pam Griffiths:
Phone: 01749 860443